The Citadel with B.A., 1990
Mississippi College School of Law with J.D., 1995
2007-Present, Owner, Murphy Law Firm, LLC
1998-2007, Partner, Quattlebaum & Murphy, LLP
1996-1998, Former Assistant Solicitor, First Judicial Circuit
1998-2001, Former Senior Assistant Solicitor, First Judicial Circuit, Former Special Assistant United States Attorney, Multi-Jurisdictional Drug and Violent Crime Task Force
- Licensed to Practice South Carolina
- United States District Court
- Member, SC House of Representatives, 2010-present
- Member, Dorchester County Council, 2003-2010
- Former Chairman Dorchester County Council 2005-06
- Member Summerville Rotary Club
- Sustaining Member, Coastal Community Foundation-Dorchester County Fund.
- President Summerville Citadel Club 2005-Present
- Married, Maite D. Murphy, Dorchester County Master-In-Equity
- Two Sons, Austin and Jackson
A note from Chris.
I was raised in Summerville by my parents, the late Patrick J. Murphy, USN (retired) who served as a Dorchester County Magistrate and was an active member of the Dorchester County Republican party and the late Barbara A. Murphy a former neonatal intensive care nurse at MUSC.
In 1986, I graduated from Summerville High School and enrolled at The Citadel graduating with a BA degree in 1990. I also received an Honorable Discharge from the South Carolina Army National Guard that same year. In 1995, I received my Doctorate of Jurisprudence Degree from Mississippi College School of Law and upon graduation moved back to South Carolina.
I began my legal career as a prosecutor with the First Judicial Circuit where I served as Senior Assistant Solicitor under Solicitor Walter M. Bailey, Jr. While at the Solicitor’s office, I was appointed as a Special Assistant United States Attorney assigned to a Multi-County Violent Crime and Drug Task Force. I prosecuted serious felony cases and obtained hundreds of convictions for offenses including Murder, Assault and Battery with the Intent to Kill, Criminal Sexual Conduct, Armed Robbery and Drug Trafficking.